Dalca Lamb Chop with Nasi Minyak / Dalca Kambing dengan Nasi Minyak
What You'll Need
DALCA LAMB CHOPS (can be any meat or vegetables)
2 tbsp of ghee†
2 tbsp of cooking oil
1 kg lamb chops
5 potatoes, halved
3 carrots, cut into 1 cm chunks and halved length-wise
2 round and large brinjals, cut into 1 cm wedges
4 green chillies, whole
1 large bunch of mint leaves
2 cloves garlic
*Blend garlic and ginger to marinade
Coconut milk, from 1 whole coconut
5 shallots, sliced finely
2 large onions, sliced finely
1 cinnamon stick
5 cardamom pods
4 star anise
3 stalks curry leaves
1/2 cup boiled yellow split dhal (cleaned and soaked for an hour beforehand)
2 tbsp fish curry powder
Ω cup tamarind juice
Salt and sugar to taste
Time: 90 minutes | Portion: for 6 people
5 tbsp ghee
2 cloves garlic, 5 shallots and
1 cm ginger, pounded together
3 knotted pandan leaves
1 cinammon stick
3 star anise
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup water
3 cups Basmathi King rice, washed and soaked in salt water for at least 1 hour
1 stalk parsley
1 tbsp yogurt
Salt and sugar, to taste
Cooking Method for Dalca Lamb Chop
- Heat ghee and oil in a pot. Once hot, add curry leaves and whole spices until crackling, then add the sliced onions. Fry until caramelised at the edges. Add lamb chops, stir and leave for 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and tomatoes.
- Boil until potatoes and lamb chops are tender.
- Add fish curry powder (saute separately in oil first with 1 sliced shallot). Add 1 teaspoon of salt to season.
- Add Ω cup of tamarind juice. Leave to boil for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add dhal a little at a time until a nice flowing consistency.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Serve.
Cooking Method for Nasi Minyak
- Heat ghee. Fry pandan leaves, whole spices, and shallot mix until caramelised at edges.
- Fry drained rice until all coated in ghee (about 5 minutes).
- Put into a rice cooker. Stir through yogurt. Add in 2 cups of chicken stock, 1 cup of evaporated milk, and 1 cup of water. Season with sugar and salt to taste. Cook as usual according to rice cooker instructions.
Download this recipe (Adobe PDF required)